The SENDCo is Mrs Brunton who is also the Assistant Head. Mrs Brunton holds the National Award for the Coordination of SEN as well as being a fully qualified teacher.
It is the SENCO’s job to:
1. Oversee the day-to-day operation of the school’s SEN policy
2. Liaise with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEN
3. Advise teachers on using a graduated approach to providing SEN support
4. Advise on the deployment of the school’s delegated budget and other resources to meet the pupil’s needs effectively
5. Liaise with parents/carers of pupils with SEN
6. Liaise with and be a key point of contact for external agencies
7. Ensure that the school keeps the records of all SEN pupils up to date
8. Work with the head teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements by phoning the school on 01207 270397 or sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Brunton is available for appointments on Monday , Wednesday and Friday afternoons between 1 and 3.15pm. Mrs Brunton can be contacted directly on 01207 270397 during office hours (8.00am-4.30pm).
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.