SENCO and SEN Staff
Our SENCO is Mrs Rebecca Brunton who is also the DHT , she holds the National SENDCo award (NASENDCO). The SENDCo works closely with the Pastoral Leader, Mrs Ferris.
More details of the SENCO’s role can be found in the SEN Policy which you can find in the School Policies section of our website.
External Specialists and Other Bodies
The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
- Durham County Council Local Offer
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Educational Psychology
- Cognition and Learning
- Behaviour Intervention
- ASC Team
- School Nursing Service
- Relax Kids
- School Counselling Service
How We Secure Specialist Expertise
Our Additional Needs Budget is used to support children and young people with SEN.
This is used to support children and young people with SEND by:
- Buying time with outside agencies to provide advice and support
- Buying recommended resources and equipment
If a child has complex special educational needs, we could also receive additional funding from the Local Authority to meet the agreed outcomes.
Our projected allocation of High Needs SEN Funding between April 2019 and March 2020 is £45,424 to provide support for children with High Needs SEN, who have an EHCP or receive Top Up Funding.